Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pasta Aglio Olio

I came back from work, exhausted and hungry, wondering what to eat.
Knew had to cook somehow, cause no more leftover food in my fridge. So, I ran thru my food inventory & the only 'ready-to-use' food is my boiled chicken drumstick stuck in my fridge (dont ask why). So i decided to make pasta aglio olio.... + chicken.
I must say it was quite successful, n the best, it is so simple.

Recipe inspired from AURecipe.com Apps from my beloved iphone :):

Ingredients: Pasta, 2-3 cloves of Garlic, dried chilli, EV Olive Oil, Parmesan, salt, black pepper (optional), cut pieces of boiled chicken (optional).

- 1 handful of pasta (I used fetuccini) enough for 1 person. Cook in boliling water per instruction (Mine said boil for 11mins) till Al Dente, with a little bit of salt & oil, so that it's tasty & does not get sticky.
Warning: Better to put the pasta once the water has boiled, otherwise the long ends may stick out of the pan & get burned by the heat instead, like what happened to me :)
- While waiting for the cooked pasta, sizzle/"Tumis" 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic, dried chilli (I used 1 mini packet from Domino Pizza, they had large grains of dried chilli, nicer than the fine sandy ones), with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain Al Dente pasta, then mix with the condiments. add a little bit of oil, if too dry.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan (I keep a bottle of it, though they say freshly grated is better)
And voila, all cooking is done in 15mins! And eating less than 10 mins :)
Sigh, why does the food disappear so fast from my sight :)

Note: "Al Dente" : I googled it, & Al dente refers to the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth

No comments:

Post a Comment